Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Formula in Formulas? Multiple Spreadshee Data help Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Puccimon
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Nov 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Puccimon Replybullet Topic: Formula in Formulas? Multiple Spreadshee Data help
     Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 4:36pm
Good afternoon Ladies and Gents,
 
I am new to Crystal Reports and I need to know 2 things
 
- first can you put formulas in formulas - i know how to write formulas to do exactly what I want in excel but when I try to do the same in crystal it won't let me.  It seems to only want to do one formula at a time, which means I have a list of 60+ single IF statements.
 
- second, I want to know how to combine data from different spreadsheets.  I have pulled multiple spreadsheets into the same crystal report, and linked them. But when I insert the data from 2 different sheets, it only gives me the data that is common in both, not the combined data
for instance, I have a list of all permanent employees and a list of casual employees. I would like to grab both and make a list of all employees. Instead, when I grab both lists, because there are no common people, it deletes everyone in the crystal report
 
Does any of that make sense? Please help! Confused
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 6:38am
I'm not sure what your first question is.  Yes you can call a formula from inside a formula.
 
for the second, you need to change the join type from an inner join to an outer.  From the description, you might want to try a full outer, typically I use Left, but it all depends on how the SQL is being written.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum