Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Windows 7 and Crystal XI Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
gord99999
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote gord99999 Replybullet Topic: Windows 7 and Crystal XI
     Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 7:46am
I've installed Windows 7 x86 yesterday and have been trying to get Crystal Reports xi (Release 1) to connect to our Oracle 10g database.
The report loads OK but when I put in the parameters it pops up with the Oracle login box (like it used to on XP) but when I put your username and password I get a TNS error - ORA-12154 and can't connect to the Oracle database.  I know the DB is working as I have tried the same reports on an old laptop with the same version installed.
Any ideas?
I know I could go to Release 2 but I'm not sure what the implications are - is there a cost?
Thanks in advance - please go easy on me I'm a forum newbie Wink
IP IP Logged
ishan
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Dec 2008
Location: Nepal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Quote ishan Replybullet Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 10:12pm
Are you sure that your DB is working fine in windows 7? Coz Oracle 10g wasn't working with vista when i tried. If database is connected through sqlplus or any other tool then make sure your crystal report connection is valid.
Ishwor
IP IP Logged
gord99999
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote gord99999 Replybullet Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 11:37pm
Thanks for your reply.
I have tried to TNSPING the database and that works fine in Windows 7.
IP IP Logged
gord99999
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote gord99999 Replybullet Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 7:51am
I have managed to get Crystal to work by downloading a newer version of 11g client install with ODBC drivers which included Microsoft ODBC for Oracle.
I can now load and run most of my reports.
I have another problem - when I have a report that requires a parameter, I get a Script Error - the URL refers to a file prompting1.html in c://users/xxx.DOMAIN/AppData/Local/Temp which when searched for just looks like the parameter window.  If you try to enter a value, it repeats the error window and only pressing ESC gets you out of the loop and then the report does not return any values as the parameter has not been accepted.
Any ideas? Confused
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum