Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: stored procedure problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
johnwsun
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 28 May 2008
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 179
Quote johnwsun Replybullet Topic: stored procedure problem
     Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 3:41am
Hi All,
 
I created a stored procedure on SQL server 2005 via programmerbility -> Stored Procedure -> New stored procedure.
But I can only see system procedures in Crystal Report XI in the folder of stored procedures under folder table, and view; I cannot see my stored procedure and any other user defined stored procedures.
 
Could anybody please advise where in the Report/SQL server it has block the view/ selection of stored procledure? Thanks in advance.
 
John
IP IP Logged
pparukola
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote pparukola Replybullet Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 5:16am
It is quite possible some times if the user created views or stored procedures missing out from the Database tables/views/stored procedures.

Please try out this...it may work

SetDatabase location-->Right click on the DB which you are working-->click options.

one dialogue box will open showing all oprions.
Under Data explorer-->under 'Table Name like' field will be there...
give the stored procedure name in that field.

Ex:- SP_emp_load
under field you can give SP_emp_load or SP_emp%

and click OK..

again right click on the DB and click refresh..

This will show the tables/views/stored prcedures with name like SP_emp****...

Regards,
Pavan

Try around, things definitely will work.
IP IP Logged
johnwsun
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 28 May 2008
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 179
Quote johnwsun Replybullet Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 4:23pm
Hi Pavan,
 
Yeh, that works. thanks very much.
Now my next query is
When I put sp_xxx from availabel data sources to the selected tables, it prompts to enter value, I just select the checkbox to 'set null value'- which to me this is OK.
Then I drag the fields from sp_xxx to the reports. Obviously, the parameter appears in the Field Explorer -> Parameter fields. I click the sp parameter name and choose Edit -> select dynamic -> choose one  field as the Value from a view.
then I drag the sp parameter to the report and suppress it.
When the report is being run, this parameter has prompted two times: once by itself with 'Set null ' not checked. If I ticked 'Set Null' check box, it will prompt a second time with other parameters such as date range, etc.
I wonder if there is any way to prevent it from prompting two times of the sp parameter?
Thanks in advance.
 
John
 
IP IP Logged
johnwsun
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 28 May 2008
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 179
Quote johnwsun Replybullet Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 4:08pm
Hi
 
The second query above has no problem in Crystal Report 2008.
 
John
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum