Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic Growth vs. Static Information Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
toolejt
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote toolejt Replybullet Topic: Dynamic Growth vs. Static Information
     Posted: 24 Nov 2009 at 1:48pm
I have looked all over the internet for an answer to this and I am worried that I am just going to end up SOL but I figured I would give it a shot here first before giving up.

I have a report I have to design that is a one page bill for a utility company.  One the right half of the main section are subreports with differing sizes.  On the left half of the paper are fields that are being displayed, always static.

Is there any way that I can get the right half to display with dynamic movement to keep the subreports together without using different sections?  If I use different sections it messes up the left half. 

Or is there anything I can do to the left half to have it ignore the different sections I have for the subreports on the right half?  Everything I have tried has led to huge ugly gaps between the data which will not work for what I need to do.

It seems that no matter what I try one side of my report is messed up.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 24 Nov 2009 at 5:51pm
Only thing I can think of would be to try underlay following sections in the section expert.
 
IP IP Logged
toolejt
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote toolejt Replybullet Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 7:03am
Thanks for that.  Wasn't familiar with that tool.  It looked promising but it still led to a problem.   I need to break the detail into 6 sections.  The first five contain the data for the right and the last contains the data for the left.  Anytime I try to do the underlay I either get overlapped data on the right or my information on the left is not high enough up on the page.

Is there anyway to have only the sixth section underlay all the way to the top of the detail?
IP IP Logged
toolejt
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote toolejt Replybullet Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 7:18am
Actually, playing around with that and reversing the order of the static fields it worked beautifully. 


Thanks you so much!  Saved me!
IP IP Logged
KieraAboudi
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 25 May 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote KieraAboudi Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2012 at 12:24am
I am using a 50cm flexible strip of high density led strip
with a transformer that i am not sure belongs to the light strip.
The 12v led light bars plug into a transformer and the transformer plugs into the wall. when I plug them in they work for a bit but after a little while they start to flicker on and off continuously. what is wrong? is it a loose connection? am I using the wrong transformer? Can i use an old cellphone charger that has the same shape connector, instead? the cell phone charger is ACDC Adapter model #DV-0751AS Input 120V 60Hz 16W Output:DC 7.5V 1A. Is using it safe led strip lighting? will it work? why are my lights flickering on and off like a strobe light?



Edited by KieraAboudi - 25 May 2012 at 12:25am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum