Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Supressing page header in report footer Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
srodopol
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote srodopol Replybullet Topic: Supressing page header in report footer
     Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 10:00am
Hi fellow Crystal users,
 
I'm brand new to the forum and wondering if I could get a point in the right direction with 2 things.
 
I'm working on an Invoice report and basically want to supress the page header used for the first 2 pages only for the report footer.  Is there an easy way to do that?
 
The report footer is basically a summary of first two pages in the report.  I don't want to see the page header in the report footer, but I would like to see the calculated summary total appear for both the first and second pages.  Is there an easy way to link the summary found on page 1 to page 3 and also the summary found on page 2 to page 3.  For example,  the total amount of page 1 (group header 1) is $ 625.00.  The total amount for page 2 is $ 525.00.  Can I have page 3 (Report footer) show each of the totals for pages 1 & 2, along with the Total of both pages of $ 1,150.00?  Maybe the report footer isn't the best section to use - but I do want this info. to be the last page of the report.
 
Thanks for any help and feedback,
Rookie
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 12:15pm
You can conditionally suppress the page header by
going into the section expert
select the page header section
click on the formula box (x-2) next to the suppress (no DrillDown)
add the following formula:
pagenumber<3
 
As for the other question probaqbly the easiest solution is to add a crosstab to the report footer and format it the way you want.
Rows will be the field you are grouping on.
No columns
Sumamrized Field will be the same way you are summarizing to get the 625.00 and 525.00 values in your example above.  
IP IP Logged
srodopol
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote srodopol Replybullet Posted: 24 Nov 2009 at 8:30am
DBlank,
 
Thank you very much!  Both issues are fixed - you saved me a lot of frustration and time.
 
Can I ask you one more minor thing?  When I'm with the Crosstab editor and I want to rename a location desription to match exactly what has been used in the past, is there an easy way to do that?  I have 2 descriptions I want to change.  I've created a formula that basically says:
 
If {FLATDATA.DSCR}="Pre I" then "Pre-1 well"
else {FLATDATA.DSCR}
 
This works fine.  But how do I include more than 1 name?  For example, if the names were "Pre 1" and "Finished Water" and I wanted them to say "Pre-1 well" and "Finished Bottled Water", what should I add to the formula above to recognize multiple names?
 
Thanks again for the help,Smile
Rookie
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 24 Nov 2009 at 8:38am
Glad you got it to work.
Your other problem is a pretty easy fix. Since you need different responses per data element you can string if-then-else's together to give you multiple response options...
If {FLATDATA.DSCR}="Pre I" then "Pre-1 well" else
if {FLATDATA.DSCR}="Finished Water" then "Finished Water Bottle"
else {FLATDATA.DSCR}
IP IP Logged
srodopol
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote srodopol Replybullet Posted: 24 Nov 2009 at 9:36am
DBlank,
 
That too worked perfectly!  You are terrrific.
 
Thanks a million,
Rookie
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum