Hi Pavan,
Yeh, that works. thanks very much.
Now my next query is
When I put sp_xxx from availabel data sources to the selected tables, it prompts to enter value, I just select the checkbox to 'set null value'- which to me this is OK.
Then I drag the fields from sp_xxx to the reports. Obviously, the parameter appears in the Field Explorer -> Parameter fields. I click the sp parameter name and choose Edit -> select dynamic -> choose one field as the Value from a view.
then I drag the sp parameter to the report and suppress it.
When the report is being run, this parameter has prompted two times: once by itself with 'Set null ' not checked. If I ticked 'Set Null' check box, it will prompt a second time with other parameters such as date range, etc.
I wonder if there is any way to prevent it from prompting two times of the sp parameter?
Thanks in advance.
John