Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Suppress rows Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
KiwiBeginner
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Location: New Zealand
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote KiwiBeginner Replybullet Topic: Suppress rows
     Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 12:51pm
Hi, I am very new to Crystal, with particular difficulty writing formulas, and hoping that someone can help me out please.
The end result I am trying to achieve is that I would like to suppress any rows that do not contain the maximum effective date for each employee.
From what I understand, I could achieve this in three steps (although there may be an easier way)
step 1: write a formula identifing the row containing the maximum effective date for each employee
step 2: write an if statement saying that if the effective date is equal to the formula in step 1 then keep, otherwise ignore
step 3: suppress all rows where step 2 = ignore
Could someone please advise how I would write the formulas to achieve the above, or if there is a better way to do it.
Thanks, Ruth
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 1:05pm
I would group on EMployee then in the Section Expert select the Details section and int he Suppress Formula box use:
MAXIMUM({table.Datefield},{table.employee})<>{table.Datefield}
IP IP Logged
KiwiBeginner
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Location: New Zealand
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote KiwiBeginner Replybullet Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 5:20pm
Thanks for your response and assistance.  It worked!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum