Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Topic: Shared Variable Problem Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 12:17pm
I have report with one subreport that uses a shared variable. The main report is grouped by market then by location. The subreport is grouped by market only. I created a shared variable in the subreport to sum revenue. I then created a shared variable in the main report to access the shared variable from the subreport. The first record of the subreport dsplays the shared variable as zero. The second record display the shared variable that is spposed to go with the first record. So in a sense, it seems as if the shared variable is one record behind when displayed on the main report. Any suggestions?
Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 9:33pm
Yes...once after coming out of the subreport only it will fetches the shared variable value in main report..So, u r able to see the variable value change by one group..
May I know where u want to use that sum revenue in main report??
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 6:22am
I would like to use it in the group footer. The shared variable is one record behind, so the very first record is "0", the next record has a value that should be in the first record. Is there a way to supress the first record of the sared variable.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum