Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Return data for most recent date Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
lohme
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Nov 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote lohme Replybullet Topic: Return data for most recent date
     Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 9:32am
I am using Crystal 11.  I need the most recent data for a particular data item.  This would apply to the entire report and I would need to sum just the most recent data.  There are multiple historical records per data item.  I've created a formula "maximum({datefield})" and tried to use in in my group or selection formula, but I keep getting  the message "a boolean is required here".  I've tried writing "maximum({datefield})" directly in the selection formula and get the message "A funtion cannot be used because it must be evaluated later".  How can I return the most recent data and be able to sum on it?

Edited by lohme - 13 Nov 2009 at 10:54am
LOhme
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 12:34pm
I have done a lot of tricks by grouping.  Inner group - {datefield}, outer group - item.  Put the datefield in the outer group and that will be the max datefield for that item. 

Hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
lohme
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Nov 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote lohme Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 2:09pm

Thanks - I'll give that a try.

LOhme
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum