Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 48
Topic: Duplicate Data - making it go away Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 10:40am
Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get rid of a duplicate data segment. I know how to supress the data I don't want, but my issue is a llittel different.
I have a row of Date of Birth, Age, Sex, Race and Reason. If there are two reasons in my selection, the information is repeated on another line below.
How can I get the information to appear only once by reading the most current reason?
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 12:26pm
fyi...
kevlray's suggestion should work if you have no data in use that is different from one row t the next.
However, if you have a date field somehwere that is related to the Reason field and the the same user has 2 (or more) different "reasons" it would not work.
You could write a Command to group the data and use the MAX(date) that is the related data for your "most recent reason".
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum