Joined: 16 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Setting New Datasource Location Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 3:39pm
I updated the the datasource through "Set Datasource Location" window. But when I refresh my report it prompts me twice to log in to the datasource.
The first one is normal (expected), which is pointing to the new source. The second prompt is unexpected and points to the original source.
If I change the server name on the second prompt the report will fail to load. If I leave the second prompt alone the report comes out fine.
I didn't write the original report. I followed the istructions and believe I have done it correctly. I've even done a simple report against the old source and then changed to the new source without issues.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 6:19am
is there a subreport or mulitple tables? I have found that just because I update the connection, doesn't mean that the tables are updated...I update every table and stored proc individually just to be sure.
Joined: 16 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 8:39am
Hi Lockwelle, thanks for your reply...
You're right. Upon looking at the 'Set Datasource Window', there is a subreport.
As a side note to those who might be reading this in the future.
On my Crystal Reports 2008, when I am updating datasources, it reports an incorrect query for the subreport.
The workaround was to edit the subreport itself, then go back to the 'Set Datasource Window' and I was able to see the REAL query and make the updates.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum