Topic: export report to Excel Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 12:50pm
Hi all,
I have very little exp in design/create report using Crystal. I need all the help I can get. Here is my question.
Is there a way to export report with several headers (sections) i.e report header a, report header b, c...etc into its respective tab in Excel. If this is even possible to do. If yes, please advise a solution as to how to do this...
I had a similar problem and crosstabs was recommended. DIdn't work for me though. see http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7186
I do a lot of exporting to excel. I have found the following to be true:
1. All Header and Data Fields must be the same size and in alignment. Shift selecting the Header and the Data field, right click to select same width then align lefts. (The sizing and aligning is set to the field your cursor is on.)
2. If you have wrapped headers or multiple lines of headers you must insure there are an equal number of fields to fill up the grid of cells in Excel.
Example of 2 unequal rows of Headers: blank spaces are denoted by underlining
_____ _____ HdrA3 HdrA4 _____ HdrA6
HdrB1 HdrB2 HdrB3 HdrB4 HdrB5 ______
Detl1 Detl2 Detl3 Detl4 Detl5 Detl6
Put a Blank Text Field everywhere there is a BLANK area. Insure it is correct size and alignment. This gives Excel "data" for every cell it encounters and keeps your export aligned.
But I am looking for ways to export 'Report Header' not page header (denoted by underscore line). I have multiple sections created and each section is its own Report Header. In each Report Header, I have cross tab created for each product as a summary. I'd like these report header to be exported into Excel in its own tab instead of doing all the manual works after it is exported. (ie cut/paste cross tab and create a new worksheet for each cross tab)
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 1:17pm
You cannot do this directly from Crystal. However, this may be possible through a third-party tool. Check out Ken Hamady's site for a good list of the available tools: http://www.kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum