Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: export report to Excel Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
L140
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Nov 2009
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote L140 Replybullet Topic: export report to Excel
     Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 12:50pm
Hi all,
 
I have very little exp in design/create report using Crystal. I need all the help I can get. Here is my question.
 
Is there a way to export report with several headers (sections) i.e report header a, report header b, c...etc  into its respective tab in Excel. If this is even possible to do. If yes, please advise a solution as to how to do this...
 
Thanks for reading this question.
L140 :)
IP IP Logged
carstowal
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 80
Quote carstowal Replybullet Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 7:47am
I had a similar problem and crosstabs was recommended.  DIdn't work for me though.
see http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7186

I do a lot of exporting to excel.  I have found the following to be true:

1.  All Header and Data Fields must be the same size and in alignment.
     Shift selecting the Header and the Data field, right click to select same width then align lefts.  (The sizing and aligning is set to the field your cursor is on.)

2.  If you have wrapped headers or multiple lines of headers you must insure there are an equal number of fields to fill up the grid of cells in Excel.

Example of 2 unequal rows of Headers: 
blank spaces are denoted by underlining

_____ _____  HdrA3  HdrA4  _____  HdrA6

HdrB1  HdrB2  HdrB3  HdrB4  HdrB5  ______

Detl1   Detl2    Detl3   Detl4   Detl5    Detl6

Put a Blank Text Field everywhere there is a BLANK area.  Insure it is correct size and alignment.  This gives Excel "data" for every cell it encounters and keeps your export aligned.

I always do Data only exports.
IP IP Logged
L140
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Nov 2009
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote L140 Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 11:24am
Thanks.
 
But I am looking for ways to export 'Report Header' not page header (denoted by underscore line). I have multiple sections created and each section is its own Report Header.  In each Report Header, I have cross tab created for each product as a summary. I'd like these report header to be exported into Excel in its own tab instead of doing all the manual works after it is exported. (ie cut/paste cross tab and create a new worksheet for each cross tab) 
Is this possible? If yes, how?
L140 :)
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 1:17pm
You cannot do this directly from Crystal.  However, this may be possible through a third-party tool.  Check out Ken Hamady's site for a good list of the available tools: http://www.kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
L140
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Nov 2009
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote L140 Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 6:30am
Thank you for your pointer. very much appreciated.
L140 :)
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum