Topic: Test for a null value in a date field Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 7:54am
Hi,
I am trying to return all records that may have even a null value in a date field. In crystal how would I test that so that even if the date is null return the record and assign a 0 in that field.
I am having a problem where I am expecting some records to be returned but because some of the records have a null date value nothing is being returned. So, I am assuming that crystal will return any records if they have null values. Is this true?
IF ISNULL({SH.SH_DATE}) THEN "" ELSE ({SH.SH_DATE})
I am using the above formula and its giving me an error that a string is required? And I think it has to do with "" because when I say return 0 it says a number is required. The data type of the field I am using is date field with time etc.
IF ISNULL({SH.SH_DATE}) THEN "" ELSE ({SH.SH_DATE}
The above msg returns a string required error but if I change "" to 0 it returns a number error. What is wrong with my formula?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum