Topic: Shared variable Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 2:05am
I apologise if this is a daft question, but I am new to Crystal.
I have a main report which is showing two subreports (one totalling the labour value, one totalling the materials value) that have shared variable fields. All well and good so far as both totals are correct.
The question is; is it possible to add these two totals together within the main report, thereby getting the total value?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 6:06am
sure, not a prob. Create another formula:
shared numbervar varA;
shared numbervar varB;
varA + varB
drop it where you want the value displayed, or you can set a third variable to the sum and display that in multiple places or use it to create a 'running' total or to perform other aggregate functions.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum