Joined: 10 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Crystal 9 Suppress Box Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 4:59am
I have a form created that lists out four options, with a box next to each option. I need to hide the box if it does not apply to that group of employees. I've tried suppressing a 'text box', however I'm now having to try and resize the 'text box' so the entire box is hidden when I print the form. Is there an easier way to hide the boxes in crystal reports 9?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 6:06am
I haven't used CR9, but is there a x-1 box to the right of the checkbox for 'Suppress'? If so, you can put an expression, that when it is 'True' will suppress/hide the control (in this case a textbox)
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 6:57am
depending on how the report is laid out, you might try creating multiple bands that look the same except for the boxes displayed, and then conditionally suppress them, or you might try to Overlay sections (though I have never done this, so I am not sure how it will work)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum