Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crystal 9 Suppress Box Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ruffingt
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote ruffingt Replybullet Topic: Crystal 9 Suppress Box
     Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 4:59am
I have a form created that lists out four options, with a box next to each option.  I need to hide the box if it does not apply to that group of employees.  I've tried suppressing a 'text box', however I'm now having to try and resize the 'text box' so the entire box is hidden when I print the form.  Is there an easier way to hide the boxes in crystal reports 9?

Edited by ruffingt - 10 Nov 2009 at 5:00am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 6:06am
I haven't used CR9, but is there a x-1 box to the right of the checkbox for 'Suppress'?  If so, you can put an expression, that when it is 'True' will suppress/hide the control (in this case a textbox)
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
ruffingt
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote ruffingt Replybullet Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 6:11am

Unfortunately, this version doesn't have the x-1 push button next to the suppress checkbox.  Cry 

IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 6:57am

depending on how the report is laid out, you might try creating multiple bands that look the same except for the boxes displayed, and then conditionally suppress them, or you might try to Overlay sections (though I have never done this, so I am not sure how it will work)

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 7:41am
Are you using a text field with the borders on as a text box or did you use the insert box option?
I think (even in v9) that the insert box cannot be conditionally suppressed.
Replace that box with a blank Text field with all 4 borders on.
This can be conditionally suppressed as lockwelle had suggested earlier.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum