Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Queries on usability of reports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
vaibhav123
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Quote vaibhav123 Replybullet Topic: Queries on usability of reports
     Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 6:05am
Hi folks,

I posted  thread on a similar topic, however have not got any reply to it. Therefore, I am posting this new one with essentially the same question but a little less technical.

1. Can I save a report and its design and use it over a period of time with new data or new tables? That is, only the data changes and the rest such as look and feel of the report remains the same. If yes, please tell how.

2. Also, how can I create a report which prompts me for a new value of the set parameter every time before refreshing?

Answers to these will be a huge favor!

thanks,

-v
-V
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 6:21am
#2, can't to the best of my knowledge
#1, like a template...no, not really, just basic layout
can't change tables in a report on the fly, just isn't something that CR is good at.
IP IP Logged
vaibhav123
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Quote vaibhav123 Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 12:29pm
thanks for the help. But, I would request others to share their experience and knowledge about the same too....




-V
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum