Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Subreport linking Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
elie234
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 68
Quote elie234 Replybullet Topic: Subreport linking
     Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 10:58am
I have a report with several subreports I am linking to the main report. The problem I am encountering is that the Subreport link dialog box is not letting me the fields in the way I would like to. When I add the container report field to link to and then go to select the field in the subreport I am not able to choose the correct field. The box is grayed out and the check mark comes off of the "Select Subreport data based on field" box. Is there a way to correct this to be able to select the correct field int the subreport?
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:29am
Are you linking fields and/or parameters.  If you are trying to link a parameter.  The same parameter has to be defined in the sub-report (and make sure you select that parameter in the drop down).  Fields are a similiar issue.  You have to have the same field-table in the sub report as the main report.  Then it seems work okay.
 
I have had my  share of frustration with this also  (sometimes you just can't link).
IP IP Logged
elie234
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 68
Quote elie234 Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:31am
Thanks. From experimenting it appears the field I want to link to in the subreport has to actually be in the subreport and not just be on a table included in the subreport.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum