Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Topic: Formatting Numbers Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 7:20am
Is there a way to show a number with this format: 01 or 001? When I display a field such as the ‘Record Number’, it only shows up as 1. Thanks for your help.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 7:55am
you can change it to text and mask it with zeros, the red zeros would give you the total number of characters to use so in my example 1=001, 12=012 and 123=123:
Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 8:11am
Thanks DBlank, but unfortunately, I wasn't very specific in my post. The example you posted would be great to use, but the 'Special Fields' - Record Number I'm using from the 'Field Explorer' doesn't show up as a Report Field in the Formula Worshop.
I did try to type in a couple of different field names for the Record Number, but it keeps saying the field doesn't exist.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum