Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Multiple DETAILS section Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jgarner
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Quote jgarner Replybullet Topic: Multiple DETAILS section
     Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 1:42pm
In creating a new Crystal XI report, I completed the report header and when starting in the 'Details' section I noticed that in Design View, it only shows a single 'Details' section, but in the Preview screen, there are 10 'Details' section. Why would this happen?
 
I haven't placed any fields in this section yet, and even closed and reopened the report but there wasn't any change. Is there a way to remove these extra 'Details' sections? Also, I haven't created any additional 'Details' sections, they are all Da.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 1:46pm

It is not really 10 detail sections but rather 10 detail rows (you have 10 rows of data in your dataset).

Once you use a field in a report even if it is int he select epert and not actually on the report canvas it can show you how many detail rows there are (unless you have suppress blank section check in the section expert)
IP IP Logged
jgarner
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Quote jgarner Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 1:55pm
Is there a way to remove these sections? Maybe in the section expert?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 2:01pm
Just go into the section expert
click on the details section and check the "suppress blank section" box
IP IP Logged
jgarner
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Quote jgarner Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 2:06pm
Thanks DBlank. I did try to suppress the blank sections but it didn't work. Somehow I screwed up this report, but to keep things going I just pasted the report header into a new report.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum