Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Picture Center alignment in a page Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
GowthamSen
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 03 Jun 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Quote GowthamSen Replybullet Topic: Picture Center alignment in a page
     Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 10:13am
Hi,

Can we do center alignment of an image in crystal reports?

The scenario is like this.

1. Created a OLE object in details section.
2. Defined the detail section as "Format with multiple columns.
3. OLE object grpahic location is defined as the file name and location comes from database.

Here, in database, I defined the pciture size as Small, Medium and large. Based on that, we are adjusting the spaces in the report.

For example, if there are 4 small images, I am displaying those images in a single page. As I defined the details section with "Format with multple columns", I can make 4 small images display in one page.

If there are medium images, I am displaying 2 images in a single page.

If there are large imates, only one I am displaying in a page.

This setting is done based on the image size given in database.


Here the issue comes, as even though the image size can fit into one portion of page, the image size is defined either as medium or large. And the image is by default left aligned.

Here I would like to center align the object, so that, the page won't look odd.

Is there any way we can do this?

 
Thank you,
Regards,
 
Gowtham
Thank you
Regards,

Gowtham Sen.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 11:08am
Not sure this will work for you but you can conditionally change the x placement of a field (including an image).
Right click on the object and select "Size and position".
Add your formula into the X postion option.


Edited by DBlank - 27 Oct 2009 at 11:09am
IP IP Logged
GowthamSen
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 03 Jun 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Quote GowthamSen Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 11:43am
Thanks Dblank.
 
But I don't have any other data to find out the resolution of the image to adjust the x position.
 
Is there anyway we can findout the resoultion of picture in report?
 
 


Edited by GowthamSen - 27 Oct 2009 at 11:43am
Thank you
Regards,

Gowtham Sen.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 11:53am
Not that I am aware of.
 
 
Anyone else...?
IP IP Logged
GowthamSen
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 03 Jun 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Quote GowthamSen Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 12:34pm
Hi,
 
Can we do cropping of an image in crystal report dynamically based on some conditions?
 
Thanks in advance
Regards,
 
Gowtham
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 12:47pm
I think you would have to crop the picture outside of crystal and save it as a another file than dynamically choose which pic version/file you want based on your data condition.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum