Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Can CR have reports on parametrized SQL queries? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
vaibhav123
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Quote vaibhav123 Replybullet Topic: Can CR have reports on parametrized SQL queries?
     Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 9:53am
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to save a report which is generated on a parametrized SQL query?

That is... I want to write a SQL query which takes parameters and save the generated report in CR so that in future I dont have to write the query again and just change the parameters for a new report?

For example, if I need to generate a report with the name of customers, date of orders, total amount. I will want to keep date of orders as a parameter which can be changed and supplied by the user. So, can I save a query which generates such a report by prompting me for the new value of date?



If the aforementioned is possible, I would like to get pointers on how to write a parametrized query in CR?

Also, can I save these queries on my database that is in MySql, ans use them as stored procedures?

Thanks,

-V


Edited by vaibhav123 - 05 Nov 2009 at 10:42am
-V
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 6:36am
just write the stored procedure and pass it the parameters, done.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum