Joined: 10 Mar 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 3:58am
Thank you for the reply, you are most kind!
Can I then ask, what happens if some of the "table.email" values are not in a format of name@company.com. I also cannot change the non email address format values to a proper email format, unfortnuately.
I have found that it errors my report and produces no results.
Joined: 10 Mar 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 9:08am
again, cheers for your reply.
So what I would like to accomplish is the following.
Total number of requests by submitter(company or employee of that company) over a date range, grouped by submitter.
The problem I am having is that sometimes the record is recorded against the COMPANY name and sometimes the record is recorded against an employee at that company in the form of NAME@COMPANY.COM.
I need to report on all calls from a COMPANY over a time period.
So a short answer would be:
I would like to group the invalid rows(the ones that are in a format of COMPANY) to the same records that are in an EMAIL format. Obviously only when they are both from the same company.
Hope this makes sense and I have not bored you too death!
assuming you want to make a company name closer to the email company name for your grouping you can try the below which should force both to all uppercase and strip any spaces out of a company name to try and match the email comapny name
(e.g. jdillan@fatherandsons.com becomes "FATHERANDSONS" and "Father and Sons" also becomes "FATHERANDSONS"):
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum