Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: CR Theming & Images Posted: 04 Nov 2009 at 5:32am
I want to allow the user to change the header/footer as well as company
address etc from within my software. is there a way to set the header
image dynamically within my report for example and pull it's value
either from my application settings or from a dataset? I can then have a theme throughout all my reports that uses the same images specified
I've developed the code that lets the user change the address and image
location within my .net application. I just need to find the way of
using the new header/footer info on my report at runtime.
I'm a good coder and researcher so if anyone can set me on the right
path i'll work it out for myself! Address is not so important, but i'd
really like the user to be able to set the header and footer image
themselves
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 04 Nov 2009 at 6:38am
in our report the image is passed as datatable. I haven't had to code this type of issue yet. We push the data to the report instead of having it pull the data, so that might be part of our solution. Also, from what I have seen, CR will stretch/shrink an image to fit the predefined area, and I don't know if there is a way to resize it, again, I haven't had to this yet.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum