Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Eliminating duplicates Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 10:46pm
Hi,
I have a report that uses 3 tables. 1st table is the financial accounts master, 2nd table is the summary financial actual information by by year and period and the 3rd table is the summary financial budget information by by year and period. I am linking the 1st and 2nd table by 'account index' and the 2nd and third tables by 'account index' and 'period id'. I am trying to create columns for Month Actual, Month Budget, YTD Actual and YTD Budget. My problem is that data stored in the 2nd and 3rd tables store the information by period and account. I am grouping on the account number. At the detail level I am getting duplicates on amounts by account (i assume because the accounts are duplicated for periods in the 2nd and third tables). Can anyone suggest how I might remove the duplicates??? I have tried suppressing the duplicates at the field level but am unsure how or if I can suppress the duplicates when I sum at the group level.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 04 Nov 2009 at 6:41am
if you suppress values in the report, you will need to use either a formula or a running total. I use formulas, DBlank uses running totals. In the formula, you would add the values that are not suppressed and display them in the footer.
Typically, formulas for summing come in groups of three. 1 to reset usually in the group header, 1 to display usually in the group footer, and 1 to increment usually in the detail section.
Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 04 Nov 2009 at 1:37pm
Thanks for that information. Are you able to give me an idea of what the formula might look like. I am not sure how to include the supressed function in the formula.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum