Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Running totals wrong Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
nabilino
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Quote nabilino Replybullet Topic: Running totals wrong
     Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 2:12pm

I have a report that's suppose to calculate deduction amounts and display them sorted by month and deduction code.

The running total that I have sums the deduction codes and evaluates by this formula: Month ({Command_1.CHECK-DATE})=9 (9 being the month in question) and resets in the change of the deduction code group.

The problem I'm having is that the running total keeps doubling the amounts for each employee's deduction. For example: if the ded-code is $10 for October the running total displays $20...I don't know where it's getting the command to double the amount.
 
Any help would be appreciated.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 2:17pm
Do you have duplicate records (detail rows) that you suppressed?
IP IP Logged
nabilino
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Quote nabilino Replybullet Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 2:34pm

No, I double check the raw data and there is for example a one time deduction from 2007 in Nov of $56 but the running total shows $112 instead.

IP IP Logged
nabilino
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Quote nabilino Replybullet Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 2:42pm
I figured it out..I had to group by Employee to drill down that deep. I hope it works long term...
 
thank you all
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 2:42pm
1. Are you really using a Running Total or are you using a variable formula that mimics a Running Total?
This can be due to display issues, not using a fomrula to display the variable in a footer which can double add the last value
2. When you check the raw data do you mean you shecked your detail rows in the report after you did joins or did you look in the original DB table?
Duplicate data usually happens via post table join in the report itself...
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum