Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Topic: Help with DistinctCount Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 10:43am
I am a novice crystal reports user struggling with what must be a common obstacle. Hopefully I can articulate this well enough to make sense. Any help is appreciated:
I have a report that displays a list of users and the courses they have completed. Some users have completed a course multiple times. To eliminate these records, I am using a distinct count to only count each course title once per user:
DistinctCount (CourseTitle, Username)
These records are then grouped by manager, where I would like to summarize the DistinctCount for all of the individual users. This count should maintain the distinct course title count per user, but allow a single course to be counted for each user it is evaluating. How can I create a summary by manager?
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 12:10pm
Likely you can use a Running Total or a Variable formula here but you can also try using a fomula field to concantenate 2 uniqe fields togther then distinct count that.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum