Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Changing a formula in multiple rpts Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kcampb23
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote kcampb23 Replybullet Topic: Changing a formula in multiple rpts
     Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 6:51am
I have about 2000 reports that I need to make a change to one formula in the report.  Does anyone have any idea of an easy way to do this without opening up each and every one to make the change?  I have read about .rpt Inspector online, but I'm looking for all our options.  Thank you!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 6:21am
I've never heard of .rtp Inspector, but since each rpt file is a binary file, the only way that i know of is to open each report individually and change the formula...I know, a total pain.  Maybe the concept of a repository would come into play, but I can't seem to access that feature on my copy, as someone else set it up and didn't leave the password/username.
 
Sorry can't be more helpful.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum