Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Modify Select Statement dynamically Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
venkiiz
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote venkiiz Replybullet Topic: Modify Select Statement dynamically
     Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 10:53pm
Hi
I am converting few of the actuate 7 reports to Crystal XI.
 
In actuate we will be able to modify the select statement based on the parameter. How do I do the same in Crystal reports ?
I am a beginner in using Crystal reports.
 
I have atleast 20 columns in a select  statement, where some of the column derivation changes based on the parameter. Infact I got to add few tables with left joins. This is level of complexity.
I am aware of the record selection formulas and group selection , but I have no idea to change the select statement itself ?
Is there any way I can access the selectstatement during runtime and change the same dynamically ?
 
Thanks in advance for your help..
Venky
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 6:23am
my best guess as to how to accomplish this is to create a stored proc and pass in the parameters then have the stored proc dynamically change the contents of the columns (they always need t be named the same or else you can't create a CR).
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
venkiiz
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote venkiiz Replybullet Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 10:16pm
Hi lockwelle,
 
Thanks for your reply. I was wondering if there could be some work around for dynamic select change. Now you helped to clearly understand that this feature is still not in Crystal reports XI...
I will take the SP way to achieve this and thanks a lot for your guidance.
Hope crystal report is considering this feature in their next release...
 
Venky
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum