Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to suppress rows based on date Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jennifer_falcon
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote jennifer_falcon Replybullet Topic: How to suppress rows based on date
     Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 1:14pm
Good Day,
I am creating an asset management report using Crystal 9.
 
Group Header 1: Nature (of the Asset)
Group Header 2: Location (of the Asset)
Group Header 3: Assignment (is the asset in use or in stock)
Details:
Serial#        Brand       Asset#            Billing Date
10812         IBM           BE002554       01/01/09
10812         IBM           BE002554       04/01/09
10812         IBM           BE002554       08/01/08
60520         Xerox        BE002549       (blank)
 
As you can see, an asset can have many Billing Dates related to it. And, and asset may not have a Billing Date at all.
 
I have a request for my report to:
1) Show all the assets where the Billing Date is blank and
2) Show all the assets where the Billing Date is between a {StartDate} and {EndDate}
 
Basically, show me all the assets where the Billing Date is blank and show me all the assets whose Billing Date is in a given range.
 
From the example I gave, I would want to see the assets in the Billing Date range of 01/01/09 to 01/06/09 and the assets that don't have a Billing Date
 
 
Serial#        Brand       Asset#            Billing Date
10812         IBM           BE002554       01/01/09
10812         IBM           BE002554       04/01/09
60520         Xerox        BE002549       (blank)
 
How can I do this?
Thanks!
 
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 1:17pm
Conditionally suppress your detail section with the formula;
 
NOT (isnull(datefield) or datefield in {?startdate} to {?enddate})
IP IP Logged
jennifer_falcon
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote jennifer_falcon Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 2:09pm
Thank-you Dblank! I will give it a try!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum