Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Topic: Changing a table from type numeric to type String Posted: 06 Jun 2007 at 5:38am
I'm trying to get some data from a Maximiser database, and the data I'm trying to access (CSCases.reason) is coming up as numeric, although I believe the data in it should be a string.
Is it possible to change a table from type numeric to type string?
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 06 Jun 2007 at 10:19am
I don't know anything about Maximiser database. But there is probably a utitlity to change the datatype to string. You can also use a formula in your report to convert the field to a string and then display that string in your report.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Basically what Brian said.......You can pull the field through as a numeric field and then convert to string (or text) using the totext function.......
E.G: totext({mytable.My_field})
If your problem relates to linking the fields together and you are being told the fields are incompatible data types at this stage then thats a totally different problem.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum