Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: sql querys in crystal reports Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 7:20am
Hi,
I am trying at the moment to create a windows application that reads the sql queries that exist in a crystal report and check the values in these queries are still correct.
I came across the "show SQL Query" button in the database tab and realised that if i could somehow get the code from this then my problems are a little closer to solved!
does anyone know of a way to do this, or am i pipe dreaming?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 7:29am
I don't know...
I am sure that it would get you closer, but if your report gathers the data via stored proc or the data is pushed to the report, then this field won't help much. Also if there are subreports you would need to check those as well.
Just some thoughts.
I guess the last thought, is why do you need to do this? Is your database changing so often and radically that the CR are failing?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 8:53am
Well, I understand that logic ;)
I don't know, but perhaps Brian's book on programming .Net might be helpful...I can recommend the book on XI reporting, but it is not the programming side.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum