Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Toggle Group Tree Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jgarner
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Quote jgarner Replybullet Topic: Toggle Group Tree
     Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 11:04am

Why is it that sometimes the Toggle Group Tree is grayed out and other times I am able to use it. I like the option of being able to use this feature in Crystal XI, but see it grayed out quite often.

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 11:21am
Are you referring to the toggle option in crystal viewer?
When designing a report you can make remove the tree under FILE > Report Options > uncheck Create Group Tree
 
Also it is moot if there is no grouping in the report.
IP IP Logged
jgarner
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Quote jgarner Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 11:31am
Yes, I am referring to the toggle option in crystal viewer and the tool icon in the Standard Toolbar. I personally like to have the option of toggling back and forth with the tree, but as I said, most of the time it is grayed out.
 
I did look to see if the Create Group Tree was checked, which it is, and removed the grouping from the report, but the tool icon for the toggle option is still grayed out.
 
Is this something I have to specify when creating a report, or can an existing report be changed around to use the toggle tree?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 11:46am
Once you make the change in the report option (per report) you have to save the report, close it then re-open it before it takes effect.
 
This is the only place I know of to turn this option on / off.
Does making a the change, saveing, close and then re-open fix it?
 
 


Edited by DBlank - 27 Oct 2009 at 11:51am
IP IP Logged
jgarner
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Quote jgarner Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 12:03pm
I saved, closed, and reopened the report and the Toggle Tree is not grayed out anymore, but for some reason, the tree only list one item in the viewer. I tried this on 3-other reports and all were the same.
 
Is there a specific way to display the report details to show the Toggle Tree in the view with a hierarchy?
IP IP Logged
jgarner
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Quote jgarner Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 12:14pm
Thanks for you assistance DBlank. I was able to get the hierarchy once I added groups back to the report. It is working as it should now.
Thanks again.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 12:17pm
Excellent...
I was typing this up so I might as well post anyway jsut in case it answers someone elses question down the line...
 
How the Tree appears in any report is defined by 2 things:
1- The Data that is pulled into the report and
2- The grouping in the Report design.
 
It think it always defaults to a collapsed view (all + signs) but they can be expanded by click on them to see the data in second, third, etc level groups.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum