Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Group/ Format conditionally Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
namitanamburi
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 39
Quote namitanamburi Replybullet Topic: Group/ Format conditionally
     Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 9:16am
Hi,


Here is  a result set in my details part of the report



Date             Type                       amount

jan 01            payment                    500
jan 02            adjustment1              100
jan 03            adjustment2              150
jan 01            payment                    500
jan 09            adjustment2              300
jan 12         adjustment1                180
jan 16           payment                    500
jan 19           adjustment1              100
jan 26           adjustment2              150



I have no way to group this data by a field in db as this result is obtained by a complicated sql query using hierarchical oracle g=functions like start with.


i expect a result like this



Date             Type                       amount

jan 01            payment                    500
jan 02            adjustment1              100
jan 03            adjustment2              150

jan 01            payment                    500
jan 09            adjustment2              300
jan 12         adjustment1                180

jan 16           payment                    500
jan 19           adjustment1              100
jan 26           adjustment2              150


 I just want to either bold or insert line before new transaction.

Please let me know if I can do this.

The only thing i was able to find was ,,,,,going to section expert - details ----color and being able to highligh that record in detail section whose type = transaction.


I prefer bolding or inserting a line instead of highlighting.


Pelase comment


NAmmu



 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 10:09am
insert a detailsb section and conditionally suppress it as:
 
onlastrecord or next({table.type})<>'payment'
IP IP Logged
namitanamburi
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 39
Quote namitanamburi Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 10:55am
No luck , :(

Actually there are 186 records in 500 pages that I supressed to get the 9 records above.

Now when I insert details b in section expert and write the formula in formula tab,

I get total 503 pages and there is no details a section.


Please advise
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 11:01am
Can't help much with that unless I knew all of your data and other suppression requirements.
Assuming these are on your details row just conditionally bold your fields with
Right click on the field and select format field
click on the Font Tab
click on the formula option next to "Style"
Add the formula ... if table.type='payment' then crBold else crRegular


Edited by DBlank - 27 Oct 2009 at 11:01am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum