Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Repeating a record n times Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
eglowell
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote eglowell Replybullet Topic: Repeating a record n times
     Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 6:56am
I'm using Crystal XI on a Progress database, and trying to create Part Number labels for parts going into inventory. All parts need to be individually wrapped and labeled.
 
Some parts use serial numbers, so there is an individual record for each part. On parts that don't use serial numbers, I still need a label for each individual part, but there is only a single record in the database. There is another field for Quantity, and I need to print out that many labels (for instance, if there are 7 of part number 14592, I want to print 7 identical labels with 14592).
 
Is there any way with RecordSelection to decrement the RecordNumber value, so that if a condition isn't met (running total > Quantity) it prints the same RecordNumber again? Or another path I just haven't stumbled onto yet?
 
Thanks for your assistance,
 
Ernie Lowell
 
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 7:38am
I am guessing that you want this to be dynamic, ie, if there are 7 parts, you want 7 labels and another case there is 28 parts that need labels. If so, the only practical solution is to use a stored proc to create the number of records that you need.  CR will not create records. 
 
What you need is to create a row for each label.  If each part can be broken out into the correct number of rows via some other data point then CR can print, otherwise, stored proc is the only way that I can think of.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum