Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Passing parameter by URL between reports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ciccio17
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Oct 2009
Location: Italy
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote ciccio17 Replybullet Topic: Passing parameter by URL between reports
     Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 5:27am

Hello,

I have one report with a cross-tab inside and for each cross-tab row I have one link to another report.
I would like to pass the row-desc as a parameter to a second report.
 
Now, what I've done so far is to go to the hyperlink section and set the URL as this:
shared stringvar url:= http://.....
 
and this works fine, as the second report gets opened.
 
What I tried to do is to concat a sort of query string  to the URL  as follows:
url := url + "productDesc="+ URLEncode (CurrentFieldValue);
 
and this seems to works, because I get the correct values for productDesc for each row of my crosstab.
 
 
Now, how can I access the values for my param(productDesc) from the second report and therefore how I can link this parameter to my report field?
Can I perform the same things easier using subreport?If yes, how?
 
Note(don't know if this is important): both reports came out from a parametric SQL
 
 
Thank you in advance
IP IP Logged
ciccio17
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Oct 2009
Location: Italy
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote ciccio17 Replybullet Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 10:04am
solved using, at the end of the URL this syntax:

& lsS<report2-prompt-description>=(CurrentFieldValue);


eg:
"http://myserveraddr/openDocument.aspx?issInsert+a+Product+Desc:="+(CurrentFieldValue)

this works and the parameter gets read from the called report.


IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum