Hi, I'm using two tables in CR 10, each table contains a field which I am trying to use as a key to match records, but it is not working.
The first table is a transaction table, which contains the field "VenNo" which is the Vendor Number associated with any transaction. The "VenNo" field is defined as a string 10 characters long, of which we use only the first six, as our vendor numbers are uniformly defined as three alpha and three numeric characters (eg- xxx111, yyy222, etc).
The second table is a vendor record table, which also contains the "VenNo" field, but it is defined as a string 8000 characters long (it is however the same actual data though, if I pull up the field with out trying to link the two tables, I can see it is the same data, in the same format of xxx111, yyy222, etc). The table also contains the Vendor Name associated with the vendor number, which is what I'm really after.
I have tried everything I can think of, but despite being linked (and trying various types of joins), whenever I drop either field from the second table in the report, all the data dissapears.
Any suggestions???
Thanks,
Paul