Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Cascading Parameters Problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
IRatCR
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote IRatCR Replybullet Topic: Cascading Parameters Problem
     Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 9:20am
I am working in Crystal Reports 2008 and I just learned how to set up cascading dynamic parameters. It's quite the cool utility, but I'm running into a problem.

When I set up the cascading parameter and then go back to refresh the report, not all of the parameter values are displayed in the Enter Values window.

For example, I work at a college and I set up a cascading parameter that goes like this:

Term > Location > Subject Area > Course

Then when I go to refresh my report, only one Term shows up in my Enter Values window.

I thought that I might have piled too many parameters on top of each other, so I just did two at a time, but I got the same error between Subject Area and Course.

I'm thinking this has something to do with my database connection settings, or maybe since there are so many courses, it's too much info for Crystal to process. I've tried running it on a SQL database and on an Access database and I'm getting the same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on this one?

Thank you in advance.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 9:40am
Usually has to do with too many records. Check out this link and see if it helps...
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum