Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Compare Sets Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bmurphywa
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote bmurphywa Replybullet Topic: Compare Sets
     Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 1:22pm
I am trying to create a list of customers who received a letter from us but did not respond. 
 
I can create a list/set of customers who received a letter from us (call this Set A).  I can create a list/set of customers who responded (call this Set B).
 
I would like to create a list of those customers in Set A who are not in Set B.
 
I think this should be easy but for some reason I cannot figure this out.
 
Can someone please tell me how to do this?
 
Thanks.
Bill
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 1:51pm
Left outer join Set A to Set B on customerID and select where isnull(setB.customerid)
IP IP Logged
bmurphywa
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote bmurphywa Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 1:57pm
Thanks
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum