Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Field with multiple inputs possible? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mikih
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote mikih Replybullet Topic: Field with multiple inputs possible?
     Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 9:03am
Probably basic, but after searching the book and the forum I am not finding the answer.  I have an Access Database that tracks jobs.  In the simplest of explanations, this is what I basically have:
 
Two tables:
 
    JOBS                             COMMENTS
 
PID (project Id #)             PID
Job Name                          Salesman
Contractor                        Comment
Bid Date                            Date
 
My report will have the Job info and an area for comments that are posted for each job.  I have multiple entries for the same PID - how do I do it???
 
 
Would like for the Comment section of the Report to look like:
 
COMMENTS:
 
07/06/09  TMB  Job going out for bid in about 30 days
07/10/09  TMB  Met with Architect today, getting specs together
07/11/09  AAF   Getting info to Estimators to get package together
 
 
Thanks in advance!!  Miki
 
MikiH
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 9:37am
Join on PID (if you have records with no comments you will need to left outer join in order to include those records)
Group on JOBS.PID field
Sort by Comments.date
place the comments.date and comments.comments on details section
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum