Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Images in Crosstab Alternatives Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
rjr5838
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Oct 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote rjr5838 Replybullet Topic: Images in Crosstab Alternatives
     Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 7:56am
I've been trying to create reports that have multiple images in them, I would like them to be organized like a crosstab, but my research has told me this is not quite doable in any sane way.

Here's my situation -
I have two tables, an image table, and a product table.

The image table is set up as:
image_id(pk,int),  product_id,  image(blob)

The product table just has various information, I have combined these two in a view so that all the images are returned. In crystal reports I would like to put all the pictures for a product in a table sort of layout such as:

[pic1]  [pic2]  [pic3]  [pic4]
[pic5]  [pic6]  [pic7]  [pic8]
... etc,

By creating a group on image_id, I can output all the images, but they are output as

[pic1]
[pic2]
[pic3]
... etc

Does anybody know any solution to have the pictures output in more of a table layout, or horizontal layout instead of vertical? I could redo the setup of any of the tables as well. Any help would be appreciated!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 10:17am

Never tried with pics but look at using the Format with Multiple Columns option.

In the Section Expert you should see it toward the bottom of the list on the Details section.
If you click it as TRUE you will see a new Tab appear called Layout.
Go to it and alter your layout  With the detail size and gaps and make your printing be 'across then down'
IP IP Logged
rjr5838
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Oct 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote rjr5838 Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 12:56pm
Thanks for the quick ( and helpful! ) reply. This was what I was looking for! Thanks again.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum