Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Templates Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
oksana
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote oksana Replybullet Topic: Templates
     Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 9:24am
Could someone tell me if there is a possibility to make changes in one place and apply them to all reports? For instance I would like to change font, border or conditionally highlight all numeric fields. I am not sure if template like this can be created since different reports have different numeric fields. What is the best way to implement it? I  would appreciate any suggestions
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 9:46am
unfortunately, the 'best' way, and perhaps the ONLY way to go into each report and change it.  A CSS file might work, but I doubt it, I think we tried it a couple of years ago.
 
A template won't work, as it will overwrite the report to match the template (bad idea). 
 
On reflection, I believe that only method is to go into each report and update it (lots of work).
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 10:12am

I agree with Lockwelle.

Only shortcuts I know of are
1. Make one of your fields the way you want it formatted and use the heck out of the Format Painter.
2. Under File>Options and the Fields Tab you can alter the defaults for field types (Number) but this only works when adding new fields to the canvas. I do not think it can retroactively alter existing fields on the canvas. It also changes this defualt for all Reports in the future until you change it again.
IP IP Logged
oksana
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote oksana Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 2:13pm
Wow, so bad. I have 100s reports. I am upset. Thank you.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum