I think I understand although I am still guessing a bit here.
I think based on the SE field you just want to have a value amount of 0, 160 or 250. Then You can use this formula in another formula that would be your total for that job. That formula can then be Summed at any group level for the total of a job.
Your 'Amount' formula would be
if {SERVICE_TYPES.SE_KEY} in [2,4] then 0 else
if {SERVICE_TYPES.SE_KEY} = 3 then 160 else
if {SERVICE_TYPES.SE_KEY} = 5 Then 250 else -10000
I threw the else -10000 on as a way to find things that slip through the other values. It can be removed as it is just a way to look for formula errors.
you can use this formula field as your dollar base in another formula to multiply by the hours for that job.
Is this what you are looking for?
Edited by DBlank - 19 Oct 2009 at 8:54am