Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 6:20am
you don't mean the whole page, do you? You probably mean the whole group of sections if the details have a negative value. If the second, because the first will return a blank report, I would create a subreport to search the detail records in question. I would then set a shared variable to report back if the group has a negative value. Then I would go into Section Expert and suppress all the sections if the shared variable indicates a negative value. The same would be true for the first option, but the problem with Crystal is that you don't 'know' where a page is.
Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 166
Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 6:52am
Hey lockwelle thanks for getting back. Well i thought that we could suppress the whole page, but as you have said that we can create a subreport and include a shared variable. I have got one question in this. How wud i suppress all the sections in the mainreport based on tht condition. could you please let me know about where exactly to include this formula and the logic inside the formula. Thanks a million.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum