Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Supressing group within report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Yamisquiff
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jun 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote Yamisquiff Replybullet Topic: Supressing group within report
     Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 8:57am
Hey Guys,
 
I have a report which has two groups one which contains the main call information and another group which contains a sub report that displays all the call notes logged by our analysts.
 
I am trying to supress the call notes so you have the option to run the report with or without using a parameter value when you run the report.
 
I have used the section expert and applied the following formula to "Supress No Drill Down":
 
if {?Notes} = "Yes" Then True
Else
False
 
I have created a Parameter field called Notes and given it two options one of "Yes and one of "No".
 
When you run the report and ask it to supress the selected sections it just ignores the parameter.
 
Is it somthing to do with the group or the fact the group has a sub report within it that is causing me a head ache.
 
Look forward to hearing back from you,
 
Many thanks for looking at my post,
 
Warren Dead
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 11:16am

Not sure why it is not working. Your decription seems like it should be fine.

Just to clarify:
The subreport is being run on group header2, correct?
THe supprssion formula was placed using the section expert on GH2, correct?
The suppression formula can also be limited down to just:
{?Notes} = "Yes"
You can also test that formula out. Create a formula field (ParamTest) with that same code:
{?Notes} = "Yes"
and place it on the report header.
If you choose Yes at runtime you should see True in that formula field if you choose 'No' then you should see False.
 
Also make sure your param values do not have any spaces after them.
'Yes" is not the same as "Yes ".


Edited by DBlank - 13 Oct 2009 at 11:18am
IP IP Logged
Yamisquiff
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jun 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote Yamisquiff Replybullet Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 1:19am
Thanks for the tips DBank,
 
I will look at it when I'm in the office tomorrow and try and see if I can resolve the issue, knowing me it probably is just a typo or somthing silly.
 
Many thanks, for all your input, I will also try the test to make sure the parameter field is working correctly.
 
Warren
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum