Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal login problem, Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
donsls
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Oct 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote donsls Replybullet Topic: Crystal login problem,
     Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 12:38pm
I have writtena crystal reports (Crystal 2008) that uses a command and a view to retreive data. Everything works in Crystal. But when I try to run the report using the web site that I created I get errors.
 
First I used the following:
            Dim impersonationContext As System.Security.Principal.WindowsImpersonationContext
            Dim currentWindowsIdentity As System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity
            currentWindowsIdentity = System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent
            impersonationContext = currentWindowsIdentity.Impersonate()
            currentWindowsIdentity.Impersonate()
            Dim reportPath As String = Server.MapPath("reports\Q01_P0Jan.rpt")
            Dim rpt As New CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument
            rpt.Load(reportPath)
            serverName = rpt.DataSourceConnections.Item(0).ServerName
            userID = "donpw"
            passWord = "donsl!34"
            integratedSecurity = True ' rpt.DataSourceConnections.Item(0).IntegratedSecurity
            Dim oCRDb As CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.Database = rpt.Database()
            Dim oCRTables As CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.Tables = oCRDb.Tables()
            Dim oCRTable As CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.Table
            Dim oCRTableLogonInfo As CrystalDecisions.Shared.TableLogOnInfo
            Dim oCRConnectionInfo As New CrystalDecisions.Shared.ConnectionInfo
            'oCRConnectionInfo.DatabaseName = dbName
            oCRConnectionInfo.ServerName = serverName
            oCRConnectionInfo.UserID = userID
            oCRConnectionInfo.Password = passWord
            oCRConnectionInfo.IntegratedSecurity = integratedSecurity
            For Each oCRTable In oCRTables
                oCRTableLogonInfo = oCRTable.LogOnInfo()
                oCRTableLogonInfo.ConnectionInfo = oCRConnectionInfo
                oCRTable.ApplyLogOnInfo(oCRTableLogonInfo)
                If (oCRTable.Location.IndexOf(".")) > 0 Then
                    Response.Write(oCRTable.Location & "<br>")
                    oCRTable.Location = oCRTable.Location.Substring(oCRTable.Location.LastIndexOf(".") + 1)
                Else
                    oCRTable.Location = oCRTable.Location
                End If
            Next
            oCRTables(0).TestConnectivity()
            CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = rpt
            CrystalReportViewer1.DataBind()
            impersonationContext.Undo()
        End If
When I run this insode VS2005, everything works. When I publish the site and try to run it, it display "The report you requested requires further information." and ask me for user id and password. When I enter them and click Log on report works.
 
Then I tried the following code:
 
            Dim impersonationContext As System.Security.Principal.WindowsImpersonationContext
            Dim currentWindowsIdentity As System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity
            currentWindowsIdentity = System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent
            impersonationContext = currentWindowsIdentity.Impersonate()
            currentWindowsIdentity.Impersonate()
            Dim reportPath As String = Server.MapPath("reports\Q01_P0Jan.rpt")
            Dim rpt As New CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument
            rpt.Load(reportPath)
            dbName = rpt.DataSourceConnections.Item(0).DatabaseName
            serverName = rpt.DataSourceConnections.Item(0).ServerName
            userID = "donpw"
            passWord = "donsl!34"
            integratedSecurity = True ' rpt.DataSourceConnections.Item(0).IntegratedSecurity

            CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = reportPath
            CrystalReportViewer1.DataBind()
            configureCRYSTALREPORT()
Again this works with VS2005. When I publish and run the reports, I get the following error.
 
"Failed to retrieve data from the database. Failed to retrieve data from the database. Error in File "
 
Could anyone help me in fixing this. I am 100% sure this is a permission issue, but I cannot point to where. It works fine in VS 2005, but not when I publish it.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum