Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Create Formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dnet
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote dnet Replybullet Topic: Create Formula
     Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 7:33am
Hi all,

I'm new here and also new in crystal report environment. Actually I got a problem to create a formula. I need sum value. I already create Sum ({tblActivePower.Vred}) but got an error message like "A number field or currency amount field is required here". Please show me why I got that error message and cannot proceed. Thanks a lot.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 7:54am
tblActivePower.Vred must not be a numeric field.
Use a formula field to convert it to numeric
tonumber({tblActivePower.Vred})
then SUm this formula field
IP IP Logged
dnet
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote dnet Replybullet Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 8:59am
Hi DBlank,

Thank you very much. It's work right now. Thanks again.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum