Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: PRINTING & PAGE SET UP Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pebbles
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote pebbles Replybullet Topic: PRINTING & PAGE SET UP
     Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 6:20am

I am unable to print or use page set up.  It gives me a "not  enough memory" error and closes me down.  I have a Intel (R), Pentium (R) D CPU 3.00 ghz with 2.0 GB Ram.  I have tried closing everything when I am working in Crystal Reports and I still get the same error.  Is there  a setting or something that I need.  Please help. It is very inconvenient.  I have to export to PDF and print from there.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
 
 
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 5:46pm
Which version of Crystal are you running?  What operating system?
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
pebbles
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote pebbles Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 1:38pm
I am running Crystal Reports 2008.  Sorry it took me a while to get back to this. Busy time.
Operating system is XP.

Edited by pebbles - 07 Oct 2009 at 1:44pm
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 2:21pm

How much disk space is available on your C drive?  Crystal creates a lot of temp files under C:\Documents and Settings\<user id>\Local Settings\Temp.  Close Crystal, navigate to there in Explorer and delete all of the files that you can (some may be in use and cannot be deleted.)  Note:  this is a "hidden" folder so you may have to change the Folder Options (on the Tools menu) in order to be able to see it.

 
If this is not the problem, you may have to do a repair install of Crystal or uninstall and reinstall it as I suspect something is corrupted.
 
-Dell


Edited by hilfy - 07 Oct 2009 at 2:21pm
IP IP Logged
pebbles
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote pebbles Replybullet Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 7:23am
I uninstalled  and reinstalled Crystal Reports 2008.  I updated with all the  updates available.  I have 424 GB available on my drive.  I get an error when I try to use the Printer.  crw32.exe has encountered an error.
 
Could this be the problem.  The files I am accessing are on our sever not on my computer?
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 7:44am
I'm not sure at this point - you may have to open a support case with SAP.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
pebbles
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote pebbles Replybullet Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 8:12am
Thank you for your help.  I will give that a try.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum