Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Group number for multiple groups Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
elie234
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 68
Quote elie234 Replybullet Topic: Group number for multiple groups
     Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 12:33pm
I have a report that has two groups. I would like to get the total number of groups in Group 2 under each group of Group 1. I know there is a Group Number field in the special fields but that will only give me the group number of Group 2 for the whole report. To clarify assuming Group 1=A and Group 2=B:
A-1
     B-1
     B-2
     B-3
A-2
     B-1
     B-2
                            
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 12:56pm
Running Total as a distinctCount of the "B-1" field, evaluate 'for each record', reset 'on change of group' group1.
Place on Groupfooter1
 
or
 
DistinctCount("b-1" field,group1)


Edited by DBlank - 07 Oct 2009 at 12:58pm
IP IP Logged
elie234
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 68
Quote elie234 Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 12:58pm
Thanks! I realize I need the total number of groups in each B group under A but I can't use running total for that.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 1:03pm
Sorry but I am confused.
I thought you wanted to determine the total # of grouping B per group A.
Are you saying you want the total # of distinct group B's for the whole report...?
 
DistinctCount(groupBfield)
IP IP Logged
elie234
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 68
Quote elie234 Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 1:09pm
Sorry, I got confused. The running total does get the total number of B's. Thanks, huge help.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 1:14pm
No worries.
If you use the
DistinctCount("b-1" field,group1)
it can be placed in the group1 header or footer. The RT has to be in the footer.


Edited by DBlank - 07 Oct 2009 at 1:15pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum